Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Automotive Oscilloscope > MaxiScope MP408 > Crazy looking Honda (ELD) Alternator pat...
Crazy looking Honda (ELD) Alternator pattern and pulsing headlamps and interior lamps

1441 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2020-09-27 03:32:11

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-09-27 03:32:11
     After cleaning checking tightening multiple power and ground connections of a 2010 Honda Pilot , a new alternator seemed to remedy the lamp pulsing temporarily. I initially cleaned the main battery cable ground and alternator stud connection and remedied the overcharge condition to get charging back under 15V and the pulsing lamps greatly subsided , but the concern returned a week later, so the customer got a new alternator I installed after cleaning all the engine compartment grounds and power connections did not remedy. After replacing the 6 month old  reman alternator with a new one, the issue seems to be resolved. I initially tested the  Alternator pattern with my Snap On Counselor 2 that the image is of and a week later I used my MP408 with my Maxi Sys Elite set to AC coupled 200mv division at 500 us div.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfkG5U1Czgc
  Total1 Pages